|
[摘要]在线教育网为您提供教育新闻 家庭教育 大学教育 成人教育 出国留学 英语天地 教案中心 经典题库 论文格式 教育规章 课件下载,教学软件下载等栏目的内容,通过这些栏目希望能给广大网上朋友提供好的学习参考资料,感谢每一位来访者对我们的支持和厚爱!下面进入文章正文>>>
Opening a New Company 开设新公司
Opening a New Company
开设新公司
Situation 情境描述
Kevin Cronin is opening a new company. He has just hired Joanna Wood to be the company's marketing manager. Today, they are discussing business plans.
凯文·克罗宁要开设一家新公司。他刚刚聘请到乔安娜·伍德来出任公司的市场经理。今天,他们正在讨论运营计划。
Dialogue 对话
Kevin: OK. Let's review our start-up plans. When do you think we'll be able to move into our new office?
凯文:好。我们来回顾一下我们的启动方案。你认为我们什么时候可以搬进新办公室?
Joanna: Well, we can move in any time after February first. But moving in and actually getting started are two different things.
乔安娜:嗯,2月1号以后我们随时都可以搬进去。不过搬进去和实际开始工作是两回事。
Kevin: Good point. Anyway, I have you helping out with purchasing new equipment. Can you do that?
凯文:说得好。不管怎样,我要你帮忙去采购新设备。那个你能行吗?
Joanna: As a matter of fact, I practically ran my last company - from marketing to finance.
乔安娜:事实上,我的上一个公司从行销到财务几乎都是我在管理。
Kevin: There should be no problem, then. Also, I'm looking forward to reading your marketing plan. When will you hand it to me?
凯文:那么,应该就不会有什么问题了。另外,我也期待着看到你的行销方案。你什么时候能给我?
Joanna: Next Monday. By the way, have you begun to investigate factories?
乔安娜:下周一。对了,你已经开始考查工厂了吗?
Kevin: Yes, I've started, and I've found some good people for R and D. Oh, by the way, the art people called to discuss the design of our logos.
凯文:是的,已经开始了,而且我也找到了几个不错的研发人员。哦,对了,美术设计人员打电话来说要讨论一下我们的标识设计。
Joanna: Oh no! Millions of details: logos, slogans, a letterhead, business card…
乔安娜:噢,天啊!细节问题可不少啊:标识、标语、信头、名片……
Kevin: And you thought setting up a company was going to be easy?
凯文:你以为开公司容易吗?
Notes: 注释
1. A and B are two different things A和B是两回事
这个句型是用来形容A和B根本是不相干的两件事,不能拿来相提并论。
What customers say they'll do and what they actually do are two different things.
顾客声称他们会做的事情与他们实际所做的事情是两回事。
2. help out帮助(某人)解决难题
I don't know how to translate this passage. Please help me out.
我不知道这一段怎么翻译。请帮我一下。
3. look forward to 期待
这一用语与中文的“引颈企盼”有异曲同工之妙,只不过语意没有那么强烈。“look forward”的意思是“向前看”,引申为“期待”之意,“to”后面接所期待的事物,故须用名词或动名词,而不能用原形动词。
I'm looking forward to the graduation ceremony.
我期待着毕业典礼。
4. R and D 研发
“R and D”是“Research and Development”的简称,指的是公司对于新产品的研究与开发,通称“研发”。
Joan works in the R and D department.
琼斯在研发部门工作。
5. 公司运营相关用语
start-up adj.开始阶段的
purchase v.采购;购买
marketing n.行销
finance n.财务
investigate n.考察
《Opening a New Company 开设新公司》一文由在线教育网收录整理。除署名文章外,本站文章均来源于网络,或网友提供。为此特别声明如下:(1)凡本站署名文章,其版权属本站及作者所有,未经同意不得转载,授权转载者须注明文章来源《在线教育网》及作者!(2)本站未署名文章来源于网络,或网友提供。均用于公益性传播,如有侵权请于两周内与本站联系,我们将及时将其删除!
更多相关文章请返回在线教育网首页,进入《其他英语》栏目>>>
|